If you’re like us and call Wisconsin home, then you’ve probably dreamt about buying a second house down in Florida at one point or another. But even for those of us who enjoy the Midwest and the snowy winters that come with it, sometimes you just need a change of scenery.
At Accunet Mortgage, we help homeowners of all walks of life buy second homes at affordable rates. Our loan consultants are experts in determining whether buying a second home in Florida is worth your time and money.
Because no financial situation is the same, our consultants provide total commitment to each and every customer on a personal level so you can make an educated decision with your home and budget.
Let’s take a look at some of the other factors you must consider first before purchasing your dream vacation home.
Steps to knowing if you can afford a second home:
- Knowing how much you can afford is a crucial first step. Accunet has a three-step process to help calculate your purchasing power, including taxes and insurance.
- Whether it’s a single-family home or a condo, affordability will depend on both the type of home and location. We can give you multiple scenarios, from finding the lowest rates to buying a second home with only 10% down.
- Besides your monthly mortgage payment, you might also want to consider the expenses of owning a second home such as possible improvement costs in addition to expenses like HOA dues, insurance and utilities.
- Schedule a free consultation with us today and we can help you get started.
House vs. Condo
Whether it’s Orlando, Tampa, Miami or Cape Coral, Florida is home to many great cities for retirees and second-home shoppers. Once you know how much you can afford, our team can take you through different home and condo options within your price range.
The best option for you will depend on a variety of factors:
- Does it have a view?
- Is it close to the beach?
- Will it be rented out, and if so, all year or just sparingly?
If you plan on using the home seasonally or in small doses throughout the year, then buying a condo might make the most sense. Just make sure you do plenty of research in advance regarding association fees and management.
Florida also has a growing number of communities that are specifically sanctioned for residents who are 55 years and older only, which for some, can make for an ideal vacation home environment.
No matter what your preferences are, Accunet Mortgage is happy to learn more about your financial story and can help you determine if a vacation home is right for you.
By working with a trusted expert and thinking through your options carefully, you will be able to come to a decision that financially benefits both you and your property.
Give us a call and we can discuss second home options with you in more detail today.
Want the Lowest Rate on Your Home Loan?
Let's Get Started!
You Might Also Like
Aenean sollicitudin egestas elit vel mattis. Proin non lorem arcu. Sed ornare venenatis sapien id iaculis. Etiam ultricies interdum commodo. Aliquam erat volutpat.