We’ve got a whole bunch of stats coming at you to round out the end of a wild 2020 home buying and selling experience. With yet another new low home mortgage rate at 2.66%, we can tell you now that we don’t expect those rates to budge any time soon. Scan through the rest of our Wisconsin home sales statistics to prep for 2021!
Home Sale Stats in Metro Milwaukee for 2020People are on the move! 2020 is a record best year for single-family detached homes and condo sales in southeast Wisconsin. According to the National Association of Realtors, the previous record for all of the following home sale stats was back in 2017.
Home Sale Highlights
- Home value for November is up 29%, or $1.5 billion from 2017
- Total home sale value was $6.6 billion more than 2017
- Median sales price is $248,000, compared to $199,000 in 2017
- Listings are down 6% from 2017
- Statewide inventory is down 31% from 2017
Make the decision to refinance easier with Accunet mortgage and our team of refinance experts—click here to get started.
How long do houses stay on the market?Not long. They’re going in a matter of days. We’ve rounded up the list of top communities with the fastest home sales, from the time the listing goes live, to the time of an accepted offer, these are the average number of days homes stay on the market:
- Hartford: 22 days
- Mukwonago & Whitefish Bay: 21 days
- New Berlin, Burlington & Brown Deer: 20 days
- West Bend: 19 days
- Oak Creek: 17 days
- Tosa, Greenfield & Lisbon: 16 days
- Germanton: 14 days
- Cudahy: 13 days
- Hales Corners: 8 days
Learn more about the rules of refinance with Accunet’s refi rules of thumb.
RedFin Housing Market Predictions for 2021Based on what we’ve experienced in 2020, a lot of real estate predictions for next year come as no surprise to us. RedFin had some solid housing predictions for 2021, which we’ve outlined here:
- Mortgage rates will remain historically low (at or below 3%).
- There will be more home sales than in any year since 2006, but price growth will slow.
- There will be more new homes built than in any year since 2006
- The number of relocating Americans will be the highest in 16 years, which will help economies of more affordable places, like small- to mid-sized cities.
- The homeownership rate will reach 70% for the first time since 2005.
- Cities like San Antonio & Tampa Bay will be the hottest housing markets compared to their sister cities, like Austin or Miami, because of 24% lower cost of living.
- Expensive cities will invest in their culture & lifestyle to attract those residents and tourists who are moving to smaller, more affordable cities.
- Most homebuyers will make an offer on a home site unseen.
- 2021 will usher in a new era of price competition for real estate agents.
- Everything associated with buying & selling will be offered at one-stop shops.
Buying your first home? Start here so you know what to expect from the process!